Cape York 2013
I've been missing for a while from the forum but have just returned from a Cape York trip. In a group of 5 patrols, we did the Old Telegraph Track, both ways, and our Patrol with the Trayon was "unbelieveable". We crossed Palm Creek, and that is a mess, and then took the chicken track at Gunshot, although all other vehicles took the big drop. We had to tow just one of them out of the mud. Our rig was lighter than all the other vehicles but we had the most luxury. Two vehicles had suspension breakages in the form of "Fox Shocks" and a coil spring, but we had enough storage to carry the spare parts they borrowed. Fishing gear, gold pan, eveything fits in the Trayon! There we are, dust free, high up off the ground, away from mud, snakes, crocs, and we were still the first to get set up. We drove the 5 beaches track out from Somerset ruins and due to our low tow height, had no problems getting through. The appearance like a coolroom did give a us the nickname of "Mr Whippy", but jealously certainly is a curse. The only change I intend to make is to design quick release hold down bolts so we can set up a base camp. The conventional bolts take too long and are frustrating, and we have air suspension, so coming back to camp and backing under the Trayon each night is a breeze. We saw a few other Trayon's on the track and always get a big wave. Bring on the Kimberleys next year!!
Thumbs Up 
i kno what you mean with the jelousy mate, i often get glared at when im already on to my second rum with the Trayon already set-up and other folk are still hammering in tent pegs.

if you have some photos mate, we would love to see them..

thanks for posting, cant wait to read your post on your kimberly trip next year

Josh
A quality 18V. rechargeable drill overcomes this one.
Trayon #699.
(10-09-2013, 10:33 AM)portal pat Wrote: A quality 18V. rechargeable drill overcomes this one.
Unfortunately the socket will not fit over the nut on the thread. I carry a drill and air socket, but that doesn't help me! Maybe if I drilled out the holes for the bolts I might gain some clearance but don't wish to weaken the mounting. By the way, I have cut the bolts down to just above the nylock nut, but with an open ended spanner, quarter turn at a time, it's frustrating.
Use a spark plug socket. Gives much more depth and with the drill winds the legs down and up in a flash.
Trayon #699.
No, no, not the legs?? The hold down bolts!! The legs are fine with the socket provided or as you say, a long socket. No, those hold down bolts, for quick disconnect and off down that beach for a bit of fishing, it just takes too long. Have you any thoughts on them??
Oh. OK. I use the same sparkplug socket there and give them a final tweak with a ring spanner. If you can't get a deep socket on them maybe you need to saw a little off the threads? If the angle confounds you, don't forget you got an angle socket adaptor with the "speed" brace in your kit.
Trayon #699.