geomeg784 trip to Cape York
Our recent trips including Cape York and Border Ranges National Park in northern NSW. The first few are of us in caravan parks in Rockhampton and Bowen then the start of the Creb Track.

These photos are also on the Creb Track, one of us in Cooktown and the start of the rough track north. Our rig is nicknamed "fisho" by some in our camping group, hence the need to compare our set up to a real fisho.

These photos show us camped on the river north of Coen and crossing the Pascoe River on the Frenchmans Track.

These are all taken on the Old Telegraph Track. The last one is me taking the chicken track at Gunshot.

These are also on the OTT. Numerous river crossings, camping at Elliot Falls and crossing a log bridge.

This lot shows us crossing Nolans Brook, on the beach at Mutte Head, another log bridge and camping at Virylia Point.

The first three are of us on the way home, camping at various places. The last two are taken at Clarence River Wilderness Lodge and at Gradys Camp, both in northern NSW.

These last six photos are also taken at Gradys Camp and along the Lions Track on the way home.

Hope you enjoyed
HI Geomeg784, a great looking combination and excellent photos. I am particularly interested in your fold down mesh shelf and the aluminium cupboard above it. Could you , perhaps, give us more details of both, please? Cheers, Ross.
Thanks for the pics. I would also like some info on your rear shelf and maybe some close up pics etc. I gather you are a geocacher given you user name?
Greg
Greg
Hi Ross, The fold down mesh shelf is used for carrying firewood and while camping becomes our cooking and washing up area. The cupboard on the back houses our pop up toilet/shower tent, the toilet "jimmys thunderbox" and a grill to stand on in the shower.
Cheers, Geoff.
Hi Greg
The rear shelf is used for carrying firewood and while camping becomes our cooking and washing up dishes area. I have attached a few pics showing the shelf up, down and flat, held in place by chains.
cheers
Geoff

HI geomeg784. Very neat. Did you construct the mesh shelf or have it made? It looks totally professional. I have retained the original drop side tray tail gate but it is quite narrow and not particularly capacious . Your set up looks much more adaptable and versatile. Well done. Rossel.
Hi
I am curious as to what you have on the back of the unit. Couldn't really see from the pictures. We have done the Creb Track from north to south and loved it.
Cheers
Judy

Silly me! Didn't get to the last picture. Could you carry bikes on it
Judy
(14-01-2014, 09:53 PM)Rossel Wrote: HI geomeg784. Very neat. Did you construct the mesh shelf or have it made? It looks totally professional. I have retained the original drop side tray tail gate but it is quite narrow and not particularly capacious . Your set up looks much more adaptable and versatile. Well done. Rossel.

Hi Rossel, Sorry for the late reply. I had to check with the designer of the mesh shelf before I gave out any details. He is happy for me to give you his number. His name is Ken Walsh, mobile:- 0413 202 192.
He had his and ours made by an aluminium fabricator. If you ring him he may be able to help . Our shelf has brackets on the sides that line up with the original tray dropsides, to latch the shelf in the up position as a tailgate, when we're not using the camper.
Cheers
Geoff

(15-01-2014, 08:36 AM)judes Wrote: Hi
I am curious as to what you have on the back of the unit. Couldn't really see from the pictures. We have done the Creb Track from north to south and loved it.
Cheers
Judy

Silly me! Didn't get to the last picture. Could you carry bikes on it
Judy

Hi Judy
In answer to your question about carrying bikes on it, I presume you mean pushbikes. It all depends on the strength of the chains and the attachment brackets on the camper. I deliberately designed our brackets and chains so that in the event of a large load being applied, they would fail, protecting the camper from overload. I personally would not recommend carrying anything on the shelf long distance. It sticks out a fair way and would probably not be OK with the authorities. Being at the back of the tray it would move up and down a fair bit on rough roads, putting extra strain on everything. For all these reasons we only use ours for carrying wood within close proximity of our campsite. Once set up it then becomes our kitchen. We always travel with the shelf in the up position. Hope all this helps.
Cheers
Geoff
Thanks Geoff! Will perhaps go with folding ones or a proper tow bar unit.
Happy travelling Judy
Great photos, this is a trip we would love to do one day.
Linda & Garry Smile
Hi Geoff, thanks for those contact details. I will probably sort out something using the existing tailgate assembly rather than trouble someone else. I fabricated two bolt on corner posts that allow me to lock the tailgate section upright. Perhaps some sort of extension piece can be added to that to create the extra space. The chains supports are a good idea. Cheers, Ross.