#779 trip from Kunda Park to Townsville
Hi all, here are some photos of my new Trayon on it's first adventure from Kunda Park on the Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast Hinterland, the Northern Rivers of New South Wales and up the coast to Townsville (during the first three weeks of December) followed by some in Townsville's Northern Beaches (first week of January).

Kunda Park

Maroochydore

Coochin Creek

Nudgee Beach

Fort Lytton

Springbrook

Clarrie Hall Dam

Sweetnam Park

Terrace Creek

Fourteen Crossings Road, Condamine River, Cambanoora Gorge

Qld / NSW State Border

Border Ranges

Tweed Scenic Drive

Blackbutts Lookout

Nightcap National Park

Minyon Falls

Broadwater

Hastings Point

Mount Gravatt

Harrys Hut

Burrum Point

Kinkuna Camp Track

Morval Park

Deepwater National Park

Eurimbula National Park

Clairview

Conway Beach

Elliot River

Plantation Park

Toomulla Park

Bushy Parker Park

Balgal Beach

Rollingstone Creek

Saunders Beach

Great photos! Did you enjoy the trip and the tray on?
Hi Leigh,
Looks like you got straight into it, well done.
How did the ranger go?, im thinking of updating the old hilux with one. Also what were your first impressions with the Trayon, what little things did you like or would change or add?

cheers
Paul #726
(16-01-2013, 04:06 PM)Shawcantravel Wrote: Great photos! Did you enjoy the trip and the tray on?

Thanks. I had a fantastic first trip with the Trayon, although with Rheumatoid Arthritis it does limit as to how much I am able to do each day. The Trayon is everything I expected and required in a camper is certainly far better than a tent or roof top tent that I have had previously.
Leigh

(18-01-2013, 07:32 AM)Bojayce Wrote: Hi Leigh,
Looks like you got straight into it, well done.
How did the ranger go?, im thinking of updating the old hilux with one. Also what were your first impressions with the Trayon, what little things did you like or would change or add?

cheers
Paul #726

The Ranger is a superb vehicle for the Trayon. The camper does not affect the vehicles performance whether at creek crossings, steep gravel tracks, soft sand tracks, cruising on the highway or accelerating quickly. You only need to add an extra booster spring to keep the vehicle level with the load on the tray.
When choosing a slide on camper I looked at about a dozen different models, not liking any of them, but when I first saw the Trayon I knew it was what I wanted.
The little things that liked and wanted included an inside cooktop with dining area, its design and layout, the shade / shelter under the bed when made up, is compact when packed down and it is quick and easy to set up.
Some little improvements on the to do list are an outside on / off switch for the fridge and a shower cubical that attaches to the camper.
Leigh