522 Trayon August Holiday
Through August we had we had 4 weeks off so went for a drive. Left Gladstone and then to Emerald that night after work, then to Winton and to Larks Dinosaur Quarry staying at Old Cork ruins, then down the O'Donoghue and Plenty Highway, onto the Stuart up to Katherine and then across to Broome. Took 4 1/2 days to get there.

Red line is the track off my GPS

Spent some time in Broome visiting Cape Leveque and then Barnhill Station

Started heading home so back towards Hall Creek and then down the Tanami Rd staying at Wolf Creek, mind Karen wasnt real happy about opeining the couple of gates at night.

Called into Lamberts Centre (geographic centre of Aust)

Took a couple of days getting down this road and into Alice Springs. Out to Ayers Rock.

Karen has her 50th watching the sunrise here and then to get the car into 4wd down to Mt Dare.

From here across the Simpson via the French Line, Poepells Cnr and the QAA line into Birdsville.

Birsdsville to Brisbane to visit one of our boys and home to Gladstone via the Trayon factory to have a look at something.

Just under 4 weeks and 11,600km.
Thanks

Patrick and Karen
Wonderful pics, apart from the one showing the price of diesel fuel in remote areas!
And all done with a middle sized 4WD. Even looks quite clean in the middle of the desert.
I searched your older posts for details of your Hi Lux mechanical mods and find that my Navara is comparably equipped in many respects. Gives me more confidence.
Vernon has always assured me that the range of middle sized 4WDs are very capable as Trayon barges.
Peter
It only took 2 days to clean everything up, as normal there will still be red dust coming out when I sell the car.

I always think the secret is too try to stay as light as possible and keep the speed under control in the rough stuff
Thanks

Patrick and Karen
Hi Patl

Thank you for sharing mate, looks great fun. Would you mind if I asked for some of those photos, the ones with the Trayon in it? Trayon is always in desperate need for Trayon Owner photos for advertising and social media ect... Only send them if you allow me to use them for those purposes of course but if you look at the Trayon Facebook page you can see what we do with them.

You don't need to log into Facebook to view the page, just click here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trayon-Ca...9607051242

I have several awesome customers that constantly send us photos and you can see they are a real hit on social media. We can arrange a USB stick to be sent up to you and you can dump the "large format" version of the photos on there if it is easier. Let us know what you think. Once again thanks for sharing, great trip!

Vernon from Trayon HQ
Vernon,

Will send some down next week, no probs using them how you want.

Patrick
Thanks

Patrick and Karen
(09-09-2015, 07:18 AM)Admin Wrote: <snip>
You don't need to log into Facebook to view the page, just click here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trayon-Ca...9607051242
<snip>
Vernon from Trayon HQ

Naturally, I went to visit the Trayon Facebook page where I was duly entertained by the many awesome photos with their clever captions.
But what of the two June 3 pics of a Traytek at the Brisbane caravan show?
It's a Traytek I haven't seen before with the vertical lift pop-top. Looks like it has doubled the volume enclosed by the canvas above the solid box. Obviously, you have been doing a lot of work on your Traytek redesign.
I visited the Traytek part of the website but could see no more pics or layout drawings for this particular pop-top model. Is it the production version and are you taking orders? Will the forward-hinged roof be no more? When more details and pics are added to the Traytek site I hope you will announce it in this forum.
I'm very happy with my Trayon of course but it's always interesting to see how the premier slide-on manufacturer diversifies to accommodate the tastes of more buyers.
Peter

PS I only just discovered that the Trayon #900 star on the home page is a clickable link leading to some brief specs for #900 and a nice pic of Grant, Karen and young Spencer looking thrilled with their new rig. Well done!
I'd also like to see a page about the Lithium Battery upgrade. A visit to the websites of Revolution Power Australia and Redarc yielded some technical detail and suggests that it's not cheap (but not unattainable either). However, my 120AH AGM battery will be due for replacement at some point in the future....
Hi-ya Peter

Yes the newly re-designed Traytek Tailgater has been released but the website is yet to be updated. Since buying Traytek Campers out, the Trayon Campers Team has been hard at it to add the features the Tailgater sorely needed as well as making them lighter with other new stand-out features (ie: the full pop-top roof) and we simply have not gotten around to updating the Traytek website yet - much to our own dismay. We have placed the Traytek Tailgater into production (already sold a bunch of them) and we have indeed canceled the previous design (forward facing hinged roof - or wedge roof) We will update the website but we have also been trying to send out a newsletter to Trayon Owners giving them an update on events and other items of news but once again, time has been limited.

The addition of the Traytek Tailgater has definitely diversified our demographic but the Trayon Camper is still our flagship and name-sake. One magazine company likened the move as that of Toyota having several vehicle models for different uses and users.

Trayon #900 was as all our 100th campers, a milestone for us..... not that were counting hehe Wink

We are very proud of our Lithium Battery system as we worked together with Redarc Electronics and Revolution Batteries to make this system a reality. We went in this direction because there were two things missing with this technology in the industry - a proper charging system that can also give you a state of charge (SOC) as well as a battery pack that manages itself and is not "cell strapped" in someones back yard. Trayon has been supplying this system as a "custom" upgrade option because Redarc have yet to officially release the charger but over the last 12 months we have had very good results and they will be unveiling the charger at the end of this month. So from now on everyone in the caravan, camping and automotive industry will have access to proper lithium battery packs and proper charging systems for them.

We will really try to send out a newsletter as soon as we can but now that we are busy establishing another export market (Switzerland) things may yet get more interesting by 2016.

The Trayon Team Cool
Thanks a bunch for the detailed reply. I know you had high hopes for the future of the Traytek so it's good news that the revised Tailgater is in production and attracting buyers. I'll be visiting the Pre-Christmas Caravan Show in Brissy at the end of October so I very much hope I'll see one there. Also hope to sneak a peek at a Lithium battery installation, preferably one in a Trayon, and ask some more questions about it.