From Melbourne to home (WA)
After two months camping in Tasmania we had 6 weeks to get home to south west WA.  We did some of the Silo Art Trail in Victoria, before crossing into South Australia, eventually making our way up to the Oodnadatta Track.  A quick detour into Coober Pedy, then back onto the Oodnadatta via the Painted Desert, up to Marla, then Alice Springs. The Mereenie Loop road was spectacular before we got to Kings Canyon, then Uluru.  Then onto the Great Central Road (fantastic) the Norseman/Hyden Road and then home where the Trayon got a thorough clean!  3 1/2 months on the road in the Trayon and we loved every minute of it and it continues to impress us. We were on plenty of dusty roads and not a speck of dust got into the Trayon, we were warm with the diesel heater and being able to have a hot shower every night was bliss. The Trayon is now tucked up in the shed till we head back up to our old stomping ground of Exmouth and Cape Range NP in 12 weeks time. Can't wait!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Rolleyes
Thumbs Up 
Perfect Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers Daniel from Switzerland
Daniel & Anne Françoise from Switzerland
Isuzu D-Max 2.5 Solar, OME Suspension +600kg, 5cm lift, GVM 3500 kg, Warn XDC Winch 4600kg, Safari Snorkel, Bash Plates, ARB Roof Rack, ARB Frontier Tank, 2 Spares, 1830 Trayon Dual Diesel DeLuxe Europe Version   Big Grin
Wow,  is about all we can say right now!!! Very envious and cannot wait to do a big trip ourselves ?
Looks like you had an awesome time. Cheers Ash & Viv
I couldn't think of a better route.. The scenery of the painted desert just takes your breathe away and your pics are just amazing. Do you need a permit to travel on the great central road these days? I recall being at the olgas a couple years ago looking west and reading signs along the lines of permits and permission required.
(05-07-2018, 09:47 PM)DnP#960 Wrote: I couldn't think of a better route.. The scenery of the painted desert just takes your breathe away and your pics are just amazing. Do you need a permit to travel on the great central road these days? I recall being at the olgas a couple years ago looking west and reading signs along the lines of permits and permission required.

Yes we got a free permit online.
Rolleyes
Such a number of varied landscapes between Tassie and the deserts.
What a great trip.
We hope to do the same one day.
thanks for posting.